An Introduction to Ellen Mowrer
On June 1, 2022, I became the CEO of GrantStation. Although my friend and mentor, Cynthia Adams, is stepping away from day-to-day leadership of GrantStation, she will remain as the Chair of the Board of Directors for GrantStation and as a trusted advisor.
Since joining GrantStation over twelve years ago, I have had the opportunity to work in or with all facets of the business. It is an honor to take the helm of this vibrant, growing company, in conjunction with Alice Ruhnke, President, and David Preis, Senior VP of Members Services and Technology.
While I am energized about new opportunities, there are many things that will remain unchanged as we at GrantStation look to the future:
- Our mission: We are dedicated to creating a civil society by assisting the nonprofit sector in its quest to build healthy and effective communities.
- Our commitment to our Members: We believe in providing nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, government agencies, religious organizations, and independent grant professionals with quality online tools for grantseeking.
- Our appreciation for our partners: We respect and admire the hundreds of program and promotion partners with whom we have formed strong relationships over the years.
- Our belief that GS Membership should be affordable, on purpose—the tools for grantseeking success should not be priced out of reach.
- Our investment in our research staff, who carefully vet each grantmaker profile to create a data base of thousands of potential funders that are accepting inquiries.
- Our dedication to new technology, as we continue to look for ways to add to your GrantStation experience, from the GS dashboard to the Benchmarker tool.
- The “personal touch” of our customer service staff, who answer phone and email inquiries with alacrity.
And, I am interested in you—your ideas and opinions on grantseeking, online education, tools for success, and ways in which we can better serve you. Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s to another 22 years of GrantStation!