The Brown-Forman Foundation/Corporate Giving Program primarily supports nonprofit organizations that make a difference in the lives of the residents in communities with company facilities, with emphasis on Louisville, KY.
Areas of interest include:
- arts and cultural living, including increasing access to vibrant, diverse, and educational arts and cultural experiences;
- essential living standards, including social services and education initiatives that provide opportunities for lifelong success; and,
- responsible and sustainable living, including initiatives that encourage moderation and reduce alcohol-related harm, and initiatives that protect the environment and conserve natural resources.
Types of support considered by the Foundation include operating support and program/project support.
Types of support considered by the Corporate Giving Program include:
- operating support;
- program/project support; and,
- event or performance sponsorship (with any material return benefits such as tickets, product promotion, etc.).
Typically, the Foundation will consider requests of $25,000 and above, while the Corporate Giving Program will consider requests up to $25,000.
Grants are not provided to/for:
- public schools (K-12);
- group tours;
- athletic teams or athletic leagues;
- requests by foreign organizations;
- religious organizations such as churches and synagogues;
- any organization that is not a public charity described in either Section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- third parties seeking donations on behalf of nonprofit organizations;
- political organizations or for political campaign purposes;
- requests to carry on a voter registration drive;
- requests for projects that include lobbying, propaganda, or other attempts to influence legislation; or,
- organizations that lack non-discrimination policies or have a history of discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.
Note: While a majority of funding is provided to organizations located in Louisville, KY, Brown-Forman has a number of regional offices around the globe. Organizations located in areas that are outside of Louisville, KY, may submit a project overview of no more than 250 words to firstname.lastname@example.org for possible consideration.
Application guidelines are available on the company's website. Applications must be submitted online.