"Connecting our Members with the Right Grantmakers since 1999."
The mission of the Gamma Mu Foundation is to make a positive difference in the lives of the LGBT community, primarily in rural and other underserved populations of the United States.
The Foundation envisions a society that promotes individual and overall LGBT community acceptance, inclusivity, health, and pride for all people regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity and/or individuality.
Grants are awarded in the following program areas:
- HIV/AIDS Services
The focus is on services and programs benefiting individuals, caregivers, and families directly impacted by HIV/AIDS, including HIV prevention and education programs.
- Community Services
The focus is on services and programs that support LGBTQ sub-populations, e.g., youth, seniors, victims of domestic abuse, etc.
- Research and Public Education
The focus is on services and programs aimed at helping to make the world a more hospitable place for people regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
The Foundation allocates resources in support of the following major goals:
- ensuring the ongoing support of LGBT health and social service organizations;
- enhancing the community through support of projects identifying the Foundation as a source of support for the LGBT community;
- increasing the grantee’s organizational capacity and resources to assure continued program viability after Foundation support terminates; and,
- giving priority consideration to proposals that provide services in rural and/or underserved settings.
Grants are generally tied specifically to a new or ongoing project within the recipient organization. The Foundation does not consider it a priority to provide awards for general operating funds regardless of the worthiness of the organization’s mission.
Grants are not provided to/for:
- capital campaigns;
- physical facilities;
- endowment or annual fund drives;
- political or lobbying activities;
- religious activities; or,
- payroll except for salaries directly related to the project for which funding is being provided.
Note: The Foundation also provides scholarships to gay men who want to further their education at a college, university, or vocational or professional training program.
Application guidelines are available on the Foundation's website. Applications must be submitted online.