"Connecting our Members with the Right Grantmakers since 1999."
The mission of the June and Julian Foss Foundation is to change the life situations of young people in order to help them grow into healthy, responsible adults.
The Foundation supports nonprofit organizations in Phoenix, AZ; Berkeley, Castro Valley, San Francisco, and San Mateo, CA; Miami, FL; Portland, OR; and Seattle and Tacoma, WA.
The Foundation's priority interests include:
- children and young adults; and,
- children and young adults with mental illness or physical disabilities.
The Foundation focuses on programs that:
- strengthen families;
- promote recognition of equality and respect for diversity;
- promote recognition of the innate value of self and others;
- promote respect for one's own values and those of others;
- enhance capacity for individuals to recognize their own capabilities; and,
- enhance capacity for self-sufficient living.
The Foundation supports existing or expanding projects.
Grants are not made to/for:
- new construction;
- fundraising or recognition events;
- capital campaigns;
- national organizations or local affiliates of national organizations (except programs developed at the local level that are specific to local needs);
- individual scholarships; or,
The Foundation does not discriminate, nor will it support organizations that discriminate on any basis, including age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, national origin, political affiliation, or religious belief.
Application guidelines are available on the Foundation's website. Applications must be submitted online.