"Connecting our Members with the Right Grantmakers since 1999."
The Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security seeks to advance food security in Canada.
The Centre’s Feed Opportunity Fund supports organizations engaged in testing and expanding innovative approaches to advance food security. The Centre seeks projects with the potential to scale.
Supported projects should work towards one or more of the following outcomes:
- consistent availability of nutritious foods;
- increased physical access to nutritious foods;
- increased affordability of nutritious foods;
- increased food literacy and the ability to cultivate a healthy relationship with food;
- increased financial literacy and ability to influence one’s own financial well-being;
- increased dignity associated with food assistance; and,
- increased social support and community connection.
Types of grants include:
- Project Grants, for initiatives that go beyond emergency food relief to help build sustainable food security; and,
- Learning Grants, to advance knowledge transfer, training, evaluation tools, and research that further understanding of food security and the efficacy of different interventions.
Application guidelines are available on the funder's website. Applications must be submitted online.