"Connecting our Members with the Right Grantmakers since 1999."
Fuel Up to Play 60 is an in-school nutrition and physical activity program launched by National Dairy Council and NFL, in collaboration with the USDA, to help encourage today's youth to lead healthier lives.
Grants of up to $4,000 per year are provided to help K-12 schools meet their wellness goals and encourage youth to consume nutrient-rich foods (low-fat and fat-free dairy, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein foods), and achieve at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day.
Grants may be used to support one Healthy Eating Play and one Physical Activity Play from the current edition of the Fuel Up to Play 60 Playbook.
Eligible schools must be enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60 for the school year, must have a registered program advisor, and must participate in the National School Lunch Program.
Funds may not be used to:
- influence legislation;
- influence the outcome of any public election or to carry on, directly or indirectly, any voter registration drive;
- make any grant to any other individual or organization;
- undertake any activity other than for charitable, scientific, or educational purposes;
- fund food sold at school to students or subsidize food or the cost of meals served to students in school meal programs; or,
- purchase equipment for organized sports teams.
Application guidelines are available on the Fuel Up to Play 60 website. Applications must be submitted online.