Who is TechSoup, and how are they related to GrantStation?
TechSoup Global is one of GrantStation's partner organizations.
- They are a nonprofit organization that offers donated and discounted technologies to other nonprofit organizations. They receive these technologies through various donor partners.
- They offer GrantStation Memberships at discounted rates throughout the year and with special three-day promotions.
- Check their site to see if you are eligible for their discounts. You can register with them for free at www.techsoup.org. If you are in Canada, register at www.techsoupcanada.ca.
What happens if I request a GrantStation Membership through TechSoup?
You will receive a series of emails outlining the process:
- TechSoup will send you an email confirming your request. This email will include a link to this form: TechSoup Contact Change Form. You should complete this form if you wish to make either of these changes:
- You wish to have your GrantStation mailings go to a different email address.
- You wish to put the Membership in the name of someone else in your organization.
- TechSoup will send your information to GrantStation who will set up the Membership.
- TechSoup Two-Day Special Promotions take place on Tuesday, Wednesday. You will receive an email with your login information as soon as the following Thursday.
- The subject will be "Welcome to Grantstation.com!"
- The address will be from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you don't receive it in your inbox, then check your spam folder as the email is coming from our Membership System.
- If your request was finalized with TechSoup after the sale was completed, then you might receive this email in the coming weeks instead.
In the meantime, you can take a tour of GrantStation so that you are ready to go when you get your login information.
What if I haven't gotten my emails yet?
Check the spam/junk folders in your email account. If you can't locate emails from TechSoup or GrantStation, just contact us at email@example.com or 1-877-784-7268.
What if I already have a GrantStation Membership?
If you acquired the Membership through GrantStation or TechSoup rather than through another organization, your TechSoup request will extend your current Membership. (e.g. If you have a Membership through to 6/30/18, and you request a one-year GrantStation Membership via TechSoup, your GrantStation Membership will be extended to 6/30/19.)
If your Membership was acquired through another association, then the Memberships will run concurrently, and you can assign your TechSoup Membership to someone else in your organization. Contact Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
When does my current GrantStation Membership expire?
Just log into GrantStation and your expiration date is displayed right below the password box.
How do I get a sales receipt?
You can get this via the TechSoup website. After you log into your TechSoup account, just follow these steps:
- After you log in, click on the name of the person who is the TechSoup member.
- Click My Member ProfileAccount.
- On the far right, click Donation Request History/Status.
- Edit the date range if needed.
- Find your request in the list, and click on the request number to view it.
- Click Print This Page to print the record.
What if I miss the sale?
You can contact GrantStation about upcoming sales and special offers, or you can check with TechSoup for information on their next GrantStation promotion.
Who can become a TechSoup Member?
Anyone. However, if you'd like to place requests for product donations or discounted products on behalf of your organization, your organization must be one of the following:
- A U.S. nonprofit with 501(c)(3) status
- An IMLS-listed U.S. public library
- Canadian Registered Charities with a Confirmation of Registration letter from the Canada Revenue Agency
- Canadian nonprofits incorporated either provincially or at the federal level
- A Libraries and Archives Canada-listed Canadian public library
In addition to the above requirements, eligibility for some TechSoup programs is limited to organizations that meet certain mission types and/or financial criteria. GrantStation Memberships available through TechSoup are open to all mission types regardless of annual operating budget.
Do I qualify for this particular promotion?
To review the restrictions, go to this site if your organization is based in the U.S:
If your organization is based in Canada:
Is a membership fee required to join TechSoup?
No. TechSoup Memberships are free of charge. There are administrative fees associated with placing product requests.
To learn more about the promotion, visit: http://www.techsoup.org/grantstation.
If you have other questions about TechSoup, you can find their contact information here: http://www.techsoup.org/AboutUs/Pages/contact-us.aspx.