With over 30,000 fundraising professionals across the national organization, the Association of Fundraising Professionals is well represented locally through AFP Miami. The chapter was founded in 1975; however, it is most well-known for hosting one of the first National Philanthropy Days back in 1985. Today, National Philanthropy Day is celebrated by AFP chapters throughout the world.
Our primary purpose: educate and advance the careers of those in the rapidly changing field of development. AFP Miami promotes ethical standards, networking for members, and provides access to listing local, regional and national employment opportunities.
Miami Chapter Offerings:
- High quality educational seminars and professional development opportunities
- Regularly scheduled networking events for the fundraising community
- National Philanthropy Day event
- Invitations to national and state-wide fundraising conferences
- Access to Chapter Job Listing service
- Email updates to keep you connected with fellow members and chapter news
Our Diversity Mission, Vision & Values
To ensure that our AFP chapter reflects, represents and responds to the cultural diversity of the Miami-Dade community.
We envision a community of fundraising professionals where a commitment to diversity,
inclusiveness and justice transcends our differences.
We believe that diversity, inclusiveness and understanding increase productivity, enrich problem-solving, and heighten creativity.
We believe that diversity enhances our profession, strengthens our sense of community, broadens our understanding, and moves us all toward the greater good.