NYCON DEVELOPS AND PROMOTES AN EFFECTIVE AND VIBRANT CHARITABLE NONPROFIT COMMUNITY THROUGHOUT NEW YORK STATE. WE STRENGTHEN ORGANIZATIONAL CAPACITY, ACT AS AN ADVOCATE AND UNIFYING VOICE, HELP TO INFORM PHILANTHROPIC GIVING, AND CONDUCT RESEARCH AND PLANNING TO DEMONSTRATE RELEVANCE AND IMPACT.
What is NYCON?
Founded in 1927, the New York Council of Nonprofits (NYCON) is a 501(C)(3) membership-based, mission-driven, statewide association of diverse charitable nonprofit organizations. We provide a collective policy voice for the nonprofit sector and serve as a crucial support and information provider.
With over 3,000 members, we work to build the capacity of nonprofits and communities to enhance the quality of life through responsive, cost-effective service and by forming a long term, multi-layered service relationship with our member nonprofits.
We also work in close partnership with government (federal, state and local) and the private sector (community foundations, private foundations, and United Ways) to educate and directly assist their nonprofit constituencies.
Why join NYCON?
Simply put: NYCON is the best resource for New York State's nonprofits.
- We provide our members with a wealth of quality, cost-saving group purchasing and discounted programs, from insurance and employee benefits to payroll outsourcing and publication discounts.
- We offer a wide array of customized, comprehensive training and specialized technical assistance services
- We provide legal and financial assistance
- We offer fiscal sponsorship and nonprofit incubation
- We provide community stakeholders with needs assessments, applied research, consortium and coalition development, program development and evaluation, grant management, and act as a lead agency.