UNA's Vision and Mission
VISION: The Utah Nonprofit Association promotes strong and vibrant communities for all of Utah
MISSION: To unify, strengthen and elevate Utah's nonprofits.
UNA's Value Proposition
The Utah Nonprofit Association will provide its members and partners the opportunity to engage in meaningful and dynamic relationships. UNA will:
UNIFY: Be the connector of nonprofits and communities in the delivery of nonprofit programs and services
STRENGTHEN: Be the portal of nonprofit expertise, education, information and benefits
ELEVATE: Be the voice and promote the essential value of the nonprofit community
UNA's Priority Strategies
- Create opportunities for building strategic relationships and partnerships between and among nonprofits, government and business groups.
- Develop strategies for delivering services across the state while ensuring they have the highest quality, are cost effective, and have the most regional impact.
- Develop and effectively market services and programming to appeal to the full spectrum of the nonprofit sector (i.e. advocacy, board development, and fundraising).
- Balance levels of programming to meet the needs and levels of proficiency in a multi-level strategy.
- Continue to offer and improve Nonprofit Organizational Credential.
- Build advocacy resources.
- Enhance marketing efforts targeting the for-profit and government sectors to build stronger relationships, awareness, and emphasize the impact and outcomes of nonprofits.
- Identify, address and, as the opportunity arises, recommend legislation for issues that impact the entire nonprofit sector.
- Pursue capacity building opportunities to support long-term sustainability of UNA, including staffing and compensation.
- Utilize board activity to address long-term organizational sustainability.
- Ensure value in membership to continue to increase membership.
- Create a resource development plan to increase and diversify funding and establish a financial contingency plan.
- Establish and maintain emergency operational contingency plan for institutional knowledge and succession planning.