Together, we strengthen our communities through strong nonprofits.
As the state association, Washington Nonprofits makes sure that nonprofits across the state of Washington have what they need to succeed.
Core Values & Goals
- We are Washington’s state association, a powerful connector of people within communities, across communities, and across the state. We are a proud member of the National Council of Nonprofits.
- We are a learning organization inside and out, delivering high quality education to nonprofits while learning from them what it is going to take to improve the system in which they work.
- Our members are the foundation of our organization. They make it possible for us to expand learning, elevate voices, and connect people. Each member contributes to our collective power.
- We increase nonprofits’ influence with policymakers and philanthropy so they have a place at the table when decisions are made. By joining together, nonprofits in Washington are strong, effective, and heard.
- We are inspired by our values to be generous, connective, and transformative.
Washington Nonprofits was founded in 2010 by a dedicated board working in partnership with philanthropy. Together these leaders recognize the importance of having an association watching the backs of nonprofits of all sizes across our vast state during a time of economic change. Washington Nonprofits continues to be inspired by our belief that nonprofits represent our democracy in action as people come together to make a difference.