History and Growth
Began 1999 in Fairbanks, Alaska, U.S.A.
- Cynthia M. Adams
- 10 Investors
And three dedicated staff:
- Julie Kaufman
- Toni Kaufman
- Steven Schellong
- Launched our first searchable database of grantmakers (Big Data), which was developed specifically for Alaskan grantseekers and offered by the Alaska Funding Exchange.
- Work was done out of a 16 x 20-foot cabin in the woods about 12 miles north of Fairbanks, Alaska, with no running water.
- Our electricity was provided by a plug-in on a power pole about 300 feet up the hillside from our cabin.
- Incorporated the business as GrantStation.com, Inc., brought in ten investors, and started two years of research and development.
- Re-designed the database, began work on a new website, added federal and state funding information, and developed a set of tutorials to help individuals write grant proposals.
- Launched the GrantStation website to serve grantseekers from throughout the United States.
- Hired additional staff and reluctantly moved the office "from the woods" into town.
- GrantStation has nearly 450 full Members.
- Introduced the GrantStation Insider.
- By year-end, there are 4,000 readers and 30 Co-Brand Partners.
- Circulation of the GrantStation Insider reaches 20,000.
- Introduced a searchable database of grantmakers based throughout the world. Known as 'the international section'.
- Launched the Technical Assistance Program (GS-TAP), which combines complete access to all of GrantStation's grant research resources with customized online trainings for members of the partner organization.
- Circulation of the GrantStation Insider tops 100,000.
- Contracted with USAID to develop the GrantStation International Insider.
- Circulation of the International Insider was approximately 4,000 by year-end.
- Introduced the Membership Value Program (MVP), allowing organizations to purchase blocks of Memberships at a reasonable volume rate, thereby integrating GrantStation Membership into their membership benefits package.
- Membership hits 10,000.
- Launched our Online Education sessions (webinars) in June.
- Provide over 75 webinars and have approximately 2,000 participants.
- GrantStation has nearly 20,000 full Members.
- Introduced a new design and layout for the GrantStation website.
- Circulation of the GrantStation Insider is 225,000
- Begin celebration of our 10 year anniversary!
- GrantStation establishes a Facebook page and media blog.
- Circulation of the GrantStation Insider and International Insider is over 300,000.
- Over 10 different individuals now host webinars as part of our Online Education sessions.
- Introduction of Partner Depot Program.
- Began offering the Premium Access Program (GrantStation licensing).
- GrantStation releases first Vision2020 tool: Grants2020.
- Circulation of the GrantStation Insider and International Insider is over 375,000.
- Grant databases re-organized into U.S. Grants, International Grants and Canadian Grants.
- GrantStation establishes a Twitter account.
- Circulation of the GrantStation Insider and International Insider is over 430,000.
- Closed physical offices in Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Moved the Company to the 'cloud'; all employees now work remotely.
- Designed all new processes and systems for working in the cloud.
- Introduced Traveling CEO a new Facebook page for GrantStation.
- Built and launched Grants2020, a new interactive tool for our Members.
- Re-designed look and content of the GrantStation Insider and International Insider.
- Developed a bi-monthly podcast, Talk2020.
- Hired four new staff, including a programmer to build the new website.
- Designed Pathfinder, to be introduced in Spring 2015.
- Launched Pathfinder
- Launched TrendTrack
- Hosted our first national forum: Innovations 2016
- Received over 3,000 responses for the State of GrantSeeking™ Survey