In an attempt to further their mission as well as generate extra revenue, many nonprofit charities are offering to serve as fiscal sponsors for other informal organizations who are attempting to get grants. These informal organizations typically have not received tax-exempt status and rely on an already established 501(c)(3) charity to allow grants funds to flow through their organization. The 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor receives the grant money that is earmarked for the sponsee organization. The sponsor usually retains an "administration fee" and either sends the balance to the sponsee or pays the bills of the sponsee directly. In this important new webinar, join national nonprofit expert Gregg S. Bossen, CPA, as he explains how fiscal sponsorships work and how to account for them in QuickBooks.
Topics covered will include:
- What constitutes a fiscal sponsorship?
- When can the expenses paid for the sponsee be considered program costs of the sponsor?
- What responsibility does a fiscal sponsor have in terms of monitoring how the sponsee spends the funds?
- How can sponsees and sponsors find each other?
- How can you account for these activities in QuickBooks?
This webinar will be recorded. You will receive the recording and accompanying resource materials within 72 hours of the event.
You will receive two GrantStation emails:
1. A copy of your paid invoice
2. A confirmation email for the webinar with the login credentials
If you do not receive the confirmation email within 48 hours of registering, please email or call 1-877-784-7268.
GrantStation does not refund registration fees. Fees may be applied to any webinar scheduled within 30 days.
All webinars are recorded. You will receive the recording and accompanying resource materials with 72 hours of the event.