Compact Proposals: What They Are, How to Write Them, and Why They Are Vital to Grant Success
How do you keep appeals “short and sweet,” while still making sure they are complete? This micro-course focuses on the skills needed to break down a large proposal and effectively communicate key information in the form of an executive summary or letter of inquiry. Join Marie Palacios to learn what donors are looking for in these “compact proposal” narratives and what should be reserved for the full proposal or in-person dialogue.
In this session you'll learn:
- the difference between an executive summary and a letter of inquiry;
- key components of an executive summary and a letter of inquiry;
- quick tips to make sure every sentence packs a punch and gets the donor’s attention; and,
- helpful hints on what NOT to include in an executive summary or letter of inquiry.
You will receive two GrantStation emails:
1. A copy of your paid invoice
2. A confirmation email for the webinar with the login credentials
If you do not receive the confirmation email within 48 hours of registering, please email or call 1-877-784-7268.
GrantStation does not refund registration fees. Fees may be applied to any webinar scheduled within 30 days.
After the webinar, you will receive an email with a link to the recording and any handouts.
Over the past two decades, she has worn every hat imaginable in the nonprofit world: volunteer, board member, program director, executive director, and development consultant. Marie combines her experiences and expertise to help organizations grow for good. She is bilingual and uses her language skills to advocate for the Latino community, teach Spanish for Professionals courses, and offer consulting services in Spanish.
Her passions include program design, strategic planning, support for beginner nonprofits, board development, and fundraising.