Fundraising for advocacy can be particularly challenging! Systemic reforms and policy change can take years to accomplish, if ever, and often depend on factors outside of your nonprofit's control -- while most funders want to see meaningful progress each grant period.
The pool of advocacy funders is distinctive, but the good news is that those interested in investing in advocacy typically do understand that change requires a longer timeline and are willing to award larger grants to support it. The question is: how do you find and pursue them?
In this webinar, Alayna Buckner, CEO of Elevate, will do a deep dive into the nuances of how to effectively find, pursue, and win more grants for your advocacy organization. By the end of this training, you'll have a solid understanding of:
- How to clarify and articulate your theory of chance for advocacy to demonstrate your progress more clearly;
- How the cultivation and solicitation processes look different for advocacy-based fundraising;
- The differences between advocacy funders and direct service funders; and,
- The difference between raising money for a 501(c)(3) vs. a 501(c)(4) organization.
This webinar is ideal for grantwriting professionals in the advocacy space, including anyone new to fundraising and grantwriting and experienced grantwriting professionals looking for a refresher. This webinar will be held on Wednesday, September 18, 2019.
You will receive two GrantStation emails:
1. A copy of your paid invoice
2. A confirmation email for the webinar with the login credentials
If you do not receive the confirmation email within 48 hours of registering, please email or call 1-877-784-7268.
Recommended browsers for attending webinars are Chrome or Firefox. Safari, IE, and others can be problematic.
GrantStation does not refund registration fees. Fees may be applied to any webinar scheduled within 30 days.
All webinars are recorded and remain LIVE for 30 days.