You know that feeling on deadline day, when you finally push the SUBMIT button and say goodbye to your lovingly-crafted, mission-critical grant proposal as it disappears … vanishing entirely for weeks, sometimes months, sometimes even forever … as you wait to find out whether it’s going to be funded or not.
That space between "submit" on one side … and "notification" on the other … is what we call the Grantmaker’s Black Box.
That’s where all the work goes on for the grantmaking team—the program officer, reviewers, decision-makers. That’s where everything happens to decide which proposals are awarded … and which aren’t.
In this eye-opening session, you’ll join veteran grants officer Maryn Boess for a unique journey into the heart of the Grantmaker's Black Box as we venture into one grantmaker's funding process. Together we’ll take a high-level flyover of her own organization’s recent grantmaking round on the way to awarding a total of $600,000. Maryn gives you a rare insider’s view of the real world of the final grant decision-making process—something fewer than 2% of all grant professionals ever get to see.
Along the way you’ll:
- track the proposals through the eight key “checkpoints" of the grant decision process so you can observe exactly what happened at every step of the way;
- eavesdrop on conversations with proposers and review team members;
- see the team's mistakes and near-misses, challenges and celebrations, what was surprisingly easy, what really came hard in the final decision-making; and,
- experience plenty of surprises, aha!s and hmm’s as Maryn shares stories about real life inside this particular Grantmaker’s Black Box—with new insights you can carry home and put to work immediately on behalf of your own nonprofit and community.
You will receive two GrantStation emails:
1. A copy of your paid invoice
2. A confirmation email for the webinar with the login credentials
If you do not receive the confirmation email within 48 hours of registering, please email or call 1-877-784-7268.
GrantStation does not refund registration fees. Fees may be applied to any webinar scheduled within 30 days.
All webinars are recorded.