Do you know what actually happens after you push “Submit” on your proposal?
If you’re like 98% of grantseekers, you’ve never seen the entire grants review and decision-making process in action, from start to finish. Which means you probably don't understand what really goes on after a proposal vanishes inside the grantmaker's black box.
But what if you could hop inside a real-life grantmaker’s decision-making process and get an up-close look at what goes on?
What if you had an insider’s view of the in-the-trenches challenges, stresses, frustrations, surprises, internal timelines, and twists and turns the grantmaking team experiences at each step of the way, as it works hard to invest this year’s grant dollars wisely and well?
Can you imagine how the insights and takeaways from this experience might give you an edge in your own grants success?
During this webinar, Maryn Boess will take you through an actual grants review and decision-making process which awarded a total of $600,000.
Throughout this session, you will:
- learn about the 8 key “checkpoints” of the grant decision process, so you understand what happened every step of the way;
- see the RFP, the scoring criteria the reviewers used, the actual scores the reviewers awarded, and even their comments on key proposal elements;
- eavesdrop on conversations with proposers and review team members;
- see the mistakes and near-misses, the challenges and celebrations, what was surprisingly easy, and what really came hard; and,
- experience plenty of surprises as you hear story after story about the real life inside a grant review process.
You’ll walk away with key insights you can put to use immediately on behalf of your nonprofit and community.
And most importantly? You’ll become part of the 2% with a funding edge because you know what goes on inside the grantmakers black box!
Full participation in this webinar is applicable for 1.5 points in Category 1.B -Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Can’t attend live and still want to watch the webinar?
Want to review the materials after the session?
You will receive an email with the full recording and any handouts within 10 business days after the webinar.
After you register, you will receive the following emails:
- A sales receipt for your bookkeeping records
- A confirmation email from Zoom with the login credentials
- Instructions for other attendees if you registered a group
If you do not receive these emails within 48 hours of registering, please email or call 1-877-784-7268.
GrantStation does not refund registration fees. Fees may be applied to any webinar scheduled within 30 days.
Over her 25+-year nonprofit career, Maryn Boess has been an on-staff grantwriter; a grants consultant (winning $42 million for her clients over ten years); a grants trainer; a grants reviewer, author, speaker, mentor and coach; and – since 2006 - even a grantmaker. This 3-D background brings a unique insider's perspective to the practical, inspiring trainings on healthy, successful grantsmanship she shares with thousands of people each year through GrantsMagic U. A true dual-citizen of the grants world, Maryn may be the only person holding membership in both Grant Professionals Association (for grantseekers) and Grantmakers for Effective Organizations (for grantmakers).