Is a capital campaign in your future?
A successful capital campaign will require extra effort on the part of your entire organization, from your staff to your board.
But since capital campaigns are rare, many leaders and board members have never experienced one—which means effective preparation can make all the difference in allowing your organization to move confidently into campaign planning.
During this Power of 3 series, Kevin Wallace and Melissa Sais of CampaignCounsel.org will show you that while all communities, nonprofits, and their projects are unique, capital campaigns are built on a proven process. Following that process can help your organization succeed.
In the first session, Are You Ready for a Capital Campaign?, you’ll explore six vital questions to ask before you launch. This careful pre-planning will help you secure the support of your board, establish a reliable budget, and create your timeline.
The second webinar, Capital Campaigns: Assessing Feasibility and Needs, will help you better understand the planning necessary to conduct a successful capital campaign. You’ll see why it’s important to assess what your organization should build and what it can sustain before trying to raise funds.
During the final session, The Stages and Challenges During a Capital Campaign, you’ll discover what happens during the five phases typical to most capital campaigns: the family, quiet, leadership, close-out, and public phases. You’ll leave with an understanding of each phase’s goals and the potential challenges you’ll face along the way.
Over the course of three 90-minute webinars, you’ll learn:
- how to identify the quantifiable benefit of your project to build wide-ranging support;
- how to determine if a feasibility study is necessary based on your plans;
- how to decide whether you need to hire a consultant;
- what data is gathered to establish needs and feasibility;
- what you should come away with from formal assessments;
- what to expect from each phase of a typical capital campaign;
- common challenges most campaigns face and how to overcome them; and,
- how to care for donors throughout the process.
You’ll walk away knowing what it takes to be successful throughout your entire campaign, from pre-campaign planning to the final stages.
This series is perfect for executive directors, development staff, and board leaders who are preparing for or considering a capital campaign.
The Power of 3 webinar schedule is:
- Are You Ready for a Capital Campaign? on 4/16;
- Capital Campaigns: Assessing Feasibility and Needs on 5/14; and,
- The Stages and Challenges During a Capital Campaign on 6/18.
All webinars are 90 minutes and begin at 2 PM EST.
Can’t attend one of the sessions live?
You’ll receive the full webinar recording and the teaching materials after each session.
Full participation in this webinar is applicable for 1.5 points in Category 1.B -Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Can’t attend live and still want to watch the webinar?
Want to review the materials after the session?
You will receive an email with the full recording and any handouts within 10 business days after the webinar.
You will receive the following emails:
- A sales receipt for your bookkeeping records.
- A confirmation email from Zoom for the webinar with the login credentials
- Instructions for other attendees if you registered a group
If you do not receive these emails within 48 hours of registering, please email or call 1-877-784-7268.
GrantStation does not refund registration fees. Fees may be applied to any webinar scheduled within 30 days.
Kevin Wallace is president of CampaignCounsel.org, specializing in capital campaign planning and management. Kevin has 20 years of capital campaign experience, conducting more than 80 campaign planning studies and capital campaigns around the country that have raised more than $200 million. Reach him at email@example.com or visit CampaignCounsel.org.