"Connecting our Members with the Right Grantmakers since 1999."
The Murray and Agnes Seasongood Good Government Foundation is devoted to the cause of civic philanthropy, striving to ensure accountability, transparency, equitability, and efficiency in local government.
The Foundation primarily supports nonprofit community organizations and professional associations in Cincinnati, OH, that are committed to facilitating and enabling good government and governance.
Strategic priorities for grantmaking include:
- ethical behavior in government, including projects that promote ethical understanding and behavior among elected and appointed officials;
- student internships, including grants to government organizations in the region to support undergraduate (junior or senior) or graduate college student interns with an intention around public service;
- public safety and community relations, including building productive relationships to assure equal justice;
- voter engagement, including increasing voter turnout by educating people about the importance of voting and the voting process and by reducing barriers to voting; and,
- civic engagement, including projects that engage others, regardless of citizenship status, in taking action to identify and address issues of public concern.
Application guidelines are available on the Foundation's website. Applications must be submitted online.