I enrolled through a TechSoup two-day promotion. What are the next steps?
What web browsers do you support?
Although you can use almost any browser to view GrantStation, we strongly recommend:
How do I use this website?
- Download our Quick Reference sheet (PDF).
- Take one of our automated tours.
- Sign up for our free tour webinar.
- If you are still baffled or need more information, you can call GrantStation toll-free at 877-784-7268 to schedule a personal tour for your organization.
I know I am logged in but every time I click a link, a message says I am logged out.
- After a period of inactivity (20 - 30 minutes), your account is automatically logged off for security purposes. The solution is to click "Logout" and then log back in again. Then you can continue using GrantStation.
- The U.S. Charitable Giving database includes only those funders who accept proposals or letters of inquiry from a variety of nonprofit organizations.
Why can't I view any articles or search results?
- Using older versions of web browsers (or some mobile browsers) will result in display issues while viewing search results and articles on GrantStation. If you are currently having problems viewing pages, update your browser to the most recent version or use one of our recommended browsers. This will not only allow you to view GrantStation.com correctly, but will also provide greater security while you are using the Internet.
Why is it that when I try to print something, the formatting is all wrong and it prints out across multiple pages?
- We have added code to each page that allows you to print the content at a larger font size, and without the side navigation, by simply choosing to "Print" from within your browser.
- You may need to choose the "Print Preview" option in your browser to see what the printed result will look like, and then adjust your print settings accordingly to ensure a legible result.
Currently, there is a 5-step process for saving your search results:
- Go to the upper left corner of your browser and click "File"
- Select the option "Save Page As..." to save the page to your desktop.
- You will now see a pop-up screen that will give you the option for the file name. Give the file a name that you will remember when you are looking for it later.
- Choose "Web Page, complete" to save the web page and all of its graphics and links that go along with it. If you only want the code for the page, choose either "Web Page, HTML only" or "Text Files"
- Chose where you want to save it and click "Save" in the lower right corner.
Once you have done this, you will have a copy of the web page showing your GrantStation search results, with links, on your hard drive.
Why am I not receiving the GrantStation Insider or GrantStation International Insider?
- It is possible your email program or provider is blocking the Insider. To make sure your program isn't blocking the newsletter, go to your junk email box and check your spam filters.
- All email programs are different, but most email services with spam or junk mail folders offer users a simple method to designate which email addresses are safe and should come to the user's main email folder.
Why can't I see anything in the email you sent me?
- Make sure that your email program is set to allow you to view HTML mailings and/or images and links.
How do I stop receiving emails from GrantStation? How do I change the name/email that the Insider is sent to?
Your account is completely controlled by you through your unique user interface located at the bottom of each newsletter.
- At the bottom of the Insider newsletter that was emailed to you – below your subscribed email address – there is a link that looks like this:
- Click the "unsubscribe from this list" link at the bottom of the Insider newsletter and then follow the instructions to unsubscribe, or click the "update subscription preferences" link to change your name/email.
How do I ask a question or talk to a real person?
- Our business hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern Time | 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday. Visit our Contact page for complete information.
My question still isn't answered!
- Our technical support staff can help you if you have any additional questions or problems.