A Step-By-Step Framework for Crafting an Unbeatable Project Budget
An A+ proposal budget provides an honest, complete, and clear picture of the total value of everything it takes to do your work successfully.
It also stands as an invaluable management and evaluation tool when it comes to running your grant-funded program.
So, how can you craft this type of budget? That’s the question you’ll explore with Maryn Boess in this down-to-earth, myth-busting session.
In this webinar, you will:
- learn and practice how to take a "total value” approach to budget-building, so you can clearly and compellingly show the value of everything it takes to do your work successfully;
- learn why you should (almost) never plan your proposal budget using the form the grantmaker gives you, and what you can use instead;
- work with a real-life scenario to go through each of the six major budget categories, looking at the key issues and challenges you can expect to run into in each one;
- have the chance to whip out your calculator and try your own hand at thinking through some of the situations in a real-life scenario;
- get a behind-the-scenes view of how grantmakers evaluate your proposal budget and what your budget tells them about your organization;
- clear away the confusion around the value of volunteer time, accounting for “match,” handling administrative/indirect costs, and other perennially perplexing budget issues; and,
- be introduced to a powerful planning tool to help you craft a budget that is comprehensive, realistic, and bullet-proof—and that will work for you, your organization, and your grantmaking partners.
Most importantly, you’ll walk away understanding how to break the “starvation cycle” that plagues many nonprofit organizations so you no longer understate the cost and value of your mission-critical work.
This session is perfect for any project or leadership team member who wants to transform a budget into a rock-solid resource plan that will support your project's successful implementation.
You will receive two GrantStation emails:
1. A copy of your paid invoice
2. A confirmation email from Zoom for the webinar with the login credentials
If you do not receive the confirmation email within 48 hours of registering, please email or call 1-877-784-7268.
GrantStation does not refund registration fees. Fees may be applied to any webinar scheduled within 30 days.
After the webinar, you will receive an email with a link to the recording and any handouts.
Over her 25+-year nonprofit career, Maryn Boess has been an on-staff grantwriter; a grants consultant (winning $42 million for her clients over ten years); a grants trainer; a grants reviewer, author, speaker, mentor and coach; and – since 2006 - even a grantmaker. This 3-D background brings a unique insider's perspective to the practical, inspiring trainings on healthy, successful grantsmanship she shares with thousands of people each year through GrantsMagic U. A true dual-citizen of the grants world, Maryn may be the only person holding membership in both Grant Professionals Association (for grantseekers) and Grantmakers for Effective Organizations (for grantmakers).