A Step-by-Step Framework
An A+ proposal budget provides an honest, complete, and clear picture of the total value of everything it takes to do our work successfully. It also stands as an invaluable management and evaluation tool when it comes to running the grant-funded program.
So…how do we get there from here? That’s the question Maryn Boess will explore in this down-to-earth, myth-busting session.
What you’ll take away from this session:
- You’ll understand the importance of taking a “total value” approach to budget-building, to clearly and compellingly show the value of everything it takes to do our work successfully.
- You’ll learn why the form the grantmaker gives you is (almost always) the wrong tool for planning your budget—and what you can use instead.
- You’ll have the chance to whip out your calculator and try your hand at thinking through some of the “total-value” challenges in our real-life scenario—some are pretty tricky!
- You’ll get a behind-the-scenes view of how grantmakers evaluate your proposal budget and what your budget tells them about your organization.
- And we’ll clear away the confusion around the value of volunteer time, accounting for “match,” handling administrative/indirect costs, and other perennially perplexing budget issues.
BONUS: In this session, you’ll be introduced to GrantsMagic U’s exclusive Master Budget Planning Checklist and Worksheet, a powerful planning tool to help you craft a budget that is comprehensive, realistic, and bullet-proof—and that will work for you, your organization, and your grantmaking partners.
GrantStation is a GPCI Accepted Continuing Education Provider. Full participation in this webinar is applicable for 1.5 pts points in Category 1, Education. Click to learn more about obtaining your GPCI credit.
You will receive two GrantStation emails:
1. A copy of your paid invoice
2. A confirmation email for the webinar with the login credentials
If you do not receive the confirmation email within 48 hours of registering, please email or call 1-877-784-7268.
GrantStation does not refund registration fees. Fees may be applied to any webinar scheduled within 30 days.
All webinars are recorded.