Would you like a guided tour through the features of your dashboard? You can walk through these steps to learn how to save your searches and more.
- In the main navigation menu, click on Find Grantmakers and then US Charitable.
- Perform a search to create a list of results. For example, you can select National grantmakers and then under Areas of Interest and Civic Affairs, you can select Leadership Development.
- From that list, you can save particular grantmakers. Under the Dashboard column, click Save next to one of the grantmakers.
- Click on another grantmaker you haven’t saved in order to view their profile. From within the profile, click the Save button.
- You can try this in the other search sections as well, such as US Federal, Canadian Charitable and International Charitable.
- Each time you save, there will be a message above the results that says “The grantmaker has been saved in your dashboard.” You can click on the link in that message to see your list of saved grantmakers.
Viewing Saved Grantmakers and Creating “My Plan”
- Click on My Dashboard at the very top of the page.
- In the blue bar, click on Saved Grantmakers.
- You can start to create a plan with these by clicking Add in the final column.
- In the blue bar, click on My Plan.
- Click Edit next to the first grantmaker listed and fill out the fields. You can leave the “Project” field as “None” for now.
Creating a Project
- In the blue bar, click on Projects.
- Click the button Add new Project.
- Fill out the fields for a project that you are seeking funding for.
- Go back to My Plan and edit a grantmaker to assign the project to it.
- Return to the US Charitable search or a different search section.
- Perform a search with multiple criteria such as National and Leadership Development.
- Enter a name for that search such as “Leadership Initiative” and click Save criteria.
- Return to My Dashboard and in the blue bar, click on Saved Criteria.
- Click on the name of the search you just saved to rerun it. Imagine that you are doing this a month from now to see if there are any results indicated with “New” on the line.
- You can go back and edit the criteria if you decide that different terms yield better results.
Do you have any questions? Contact us! We are happy to help you create your plan for effectively finding grant opportunities.