WHAT IS MICHIGAN NONPROFIT ASSOCIATION?
Michigan Nonprofit Association is a statewide membership organization dedicated to serving the diverse nonprofit sector through:
- TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
- CIVIC ENGAGEMENT
MNA manages multiple programs and affiliates and is a sponsoring organization for AmeriCorps VISTA.
Who We Are
Incorporated in 1990, MNA is a statewide membership organization dedicated to serving the diverse nonprofit sector through civic engagement, capacity-building, data and technology, training and advocacy.
MNA manages multiple programs and affiliates including MNA Technology Services and is a sponsoring organization for AmeriCorps VISTA.
Membership is open to all Michigan nonprofit/tax exempt organizations. For-profit businesses and government entities may join as affiliate members.
Michigan Nonprofit Association serves nonprofits to advance their missions.
Michigan's nonprofit sector will be a vital leader in building and sustaining thriving communities.
- Collaboration - demonstrating a commitment to building and sustaining partnerships with businesses, governments, and nonprofits
- Diversity and Inclusion - embracing, respecting, and celebrating diverse identities, abilities, cultures, and points of view to advance our organization and the nonprofit sector
- Excellence - demonstrating a strong commitment to innovation, quality, and the need for high level expertise
- Integrity - practicing accountability, honesty, responsibility, dependability, and trust
- Leadership - fostering an environment where innovative and bold service to others can grow
Incorporated in 1990 as the Michigan Nonprofit Forum, the organization was first a think-tank dedicated to discussing issues impacting nonprofits. In 1994, the organization was renamed as the Michigan Nonprofit Association to provide direct advocacy and services to local nonprofit organizations.
Affiliates and Programs
MNA Tech navigates the extensive world of information and communication technology to make it accessible and easy to understand for nonprofits. We provide training and consulting services to assist nonprofits in creating relevant and effective IT solutions. Our services include technology consulting, managed care, technology assistance grants, and technical assessments.
The AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers In Service To America) Program provides an opportunity for nonprofit organizations, higher education institutions, and K-12 schools to create and develop initiatives to strengthen their communities.
AmeriCorps VISTA members are passionate and committed to their mission to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. Members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. They focus their efforts to build the organizational, administrative, and financial capacity of organizations that fight illiteracy, improve health services, foster economic development, and otherwise assist low-income communities.