The Air Force Association (AFA) is a non-profit, independent, professional military and aerospace education association promoting public understanding of aerospace power and the pivotal role it plays in the security of the nation. The Air Force Association is the voice for aerospace power and the Air Force family. We connect service members, and the total Air Force family, through professional development, unique programs, and support initiatives before, during, and beyond their time in uniform.
The Air Force Association mission is to promote a dominant United States Air Force and a strong national defense, and to honor Airmen and our Air Force Heritage. To accomplish this, we:
- EDUCATE the public on the critical need for unmatched aerospace power and a technically superior workforce to ensure U.S. national security.
- ADVOCATE for aerospace power and STEM education.
- SUPPORT the total Air Force family, and promote aerospace education.
What We Do
AFA delivers on our mission through different ways, some of which include:
- Hosting congressional outreach programs and advocating AFA’s position on a variety of airpower issues
- Holding major national symposiums on Air, Space, Cyber, and Air warfare
- Publishing the Air Force Magazine
- Sponsoring professional development seminars and recognizes excellence in the education and aerospace fields through national awards programs
- Presenting scholarships and grants to Air Force active duty, Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve members and their dependents
- Awarding educators with grants to promote STEM and Aerospace education at the elementary and secondary school level
AFA Region, State & Chapter Organizations
AFA is a grassroots organization led by region, state, and chapter leaders. The fourteen region leads are responsible for coordinating the activities of the state and chapter units within their area. State organizations have the primary responsibility to assist efforts when forming a new chapter, lending assistance to existing chapters when needed to ensure that the mission of the AFA is being properly served, conduct meetings and an annual convention, and focuses attention on projects or problems of a statewide nature. Chapters are the local unit in AFA’s organizational structure that assist in educating the members of their local community on the importance of a dominant Air Force, local chapter initiatives, and AFA programs.