The Minnesota Council of Nonprofits (MCN) was founded in 1987 to meet the increasing information needs of nonprofits and to convene nonprofits to address issues facing the sector. It is the largest state association of nonprofits in the United States. Through MCN, nonprofits join together across interest areas to work on issues of common concern to all.
MCN accomplishes its mission in five ways:
- Education and professional development for nonprofit managers and leaders;
- Public policy education and civic engagement;
- Cost saving product partnerships;
- Research on nonprofit sector trends and tax and budget issues; and
- Advocacy at local, state, and federal levels.